Marcus Mason is the owner of Nothing But Net Elite Basketball Coaching. In four years the NBN system has produced 15 professional players and 20 college players.
The focus of Nothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching is on player development in core fundamentals and basketball intellect.
Marcus conducts multiple camps throughout the calendar year camps are tailored for every type of basketball player. Marcus is the camp director for the Chauncey Billups Basketball Academy, Tamika Catchings All Girls Basketball Academy, Marvin Harvey Shooting Academy, Nothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching fundamental camp, and Nothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching Elite Basketball Camp.
Besides working in the for profit sector, Marcus also volunteers about 10 hours per week year around with multiple non-profit organizations. He was the owner for Team Uniting Sports and Academics (2010-2012) where he oversaw all operations including fundraising, coaching, scheduling, hiring, equipment, team travel, and accounting. Currently Marcus serves as the Vice- President at Chauncey Billups Elite- Basketball Academy (501c3) were is in charge of individual player and coaches development. Marcus Mason has a true passion for giving back to the community and the game of Basketball. He has shown the talent to impact hundreds of youth across the country.
Marcus was a Division 1 coach from 2001-2007. He began his coaching career at Middle Tennessee State University where he coached under Kermit Davis who was conference Coach of the Year (2002-03). In 2003, he became a member of the University of Denver coaching staff where he remained until the spring of 2007. During his stint at Denver, they were crowned Sun Belt Conference Champions in 2005, won 20 games, and received a berth to play in the NIT.
One of Mason’s primary responsibilities was to conduct daily individual workouts with each player throughout the year. Marcus’s ability to provide quality individual instruction on a daily basis aided in both the team and individual success. Marcus has decided take a break from college coaching and its demanding travel schedule in order to develop more college stars for the state of Colorado.
- Trained 15 professional Basketball Players (2007-present)
- Trained 12 collegiate student-athletes (2007-present)
- Camp Director for the Chauncey Billups Basketball Academy (2010,2011,2012)
- Camp Director for the Tamika Catchings All Girls Basketball Academy (2010,2012)
- Camp Director for the Marvin Harvey Shooting Academy (2010,2011,2012)
- Owner- Team Uniting Sports Academics Non-For Profit ( 501c3) ( 2010-2012)
- Vice President-Chauncey Billups Elite-Basketball Academy
- Head Coach of the class of (2017) Chauncey Billups Elite Basketball Academy
- Sun Belt Conference Team GPA Award - 2006, 2005 and 2004
- Top of the World Tournament Champions - 2005
- Sun Belt Regular Season Conference Champions - 2005
- First 20 Win Season at the Division I Level - 2005
- NIT Berth - 2005
- Received first top 25 vote in USA Today/ESPN Top 25 Poll—2005
- Exposed to two Head-Coach of the Year Recipients, Kermit Davis (2003) and Terry Carroll (2005)
- PROFESSIONAL COACHING EXPERIENCE: DIVISION 1 – BASKETBALL COACH
University of Denver, Denver, CO–September 2003 to 2007
- Video Coordinator - In charge of all film exchange, editing, practice and game films.
- Full-time Recruiter - Covering the Mid-West Region: Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, and Tennessee area.
- Academic Supervisor - Oversee all academic requirements for ¼ of the team. Team GPA 3.2. Two Academic All-Americans.
- Member of the Equity Committee - Create programs and activities for minority students on campus.
- Instructed all individual workouts during each Fall and Spring.
- Basketball Camp Supervisor- In charge of organizing officials, camp employees, camp merchandise, and marketing the camp throughout the Mid-West territory.
- Coordinated all scouting for opponent evaluation and game plan preparation.
- GRADUATE ASSISTANT:
Middle Tennessee State University,– Murfreesboro, TN August 2001 to August 2003
- Worked as Assistant Coach / Camp Supervisor for Kermit Davis (2002, 2003)
- Taught 400/500 level classes at MTSU (2002-2003)
- Assisted with all film exchange (incoming and outgoing).
- Managed academic progress of MTSU players.
- In charge of supervising all classroom checks.
- Employer and supervisor of all managers on staff.
- Worked as Assistant Coach / Camp Supervisor under Randy Wiel (2001-02)
Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN
- Masters Degree, Health (Concentration: Sports Management), 2003
- Bachelor of Science, Liberal Arts, University Studies from MTSU, 2001